Monday, May 23, 2011

First Anniversary

As we make our way through life we notice that there's a first to everything.  A first birthday, first LOVE, first Child, and so on and so forth.  My husband and myself are having our FIRST ANNIVERSARY today.  However, due to work we couldn't celebrate our first anniversary today or Saturday so we decided to do something Sunday.

Sundays weather wasn't the finest of all days but it wasn't as bad as thunder and lightening the whole day.  It was a bit humid to begin with but as we made our way to Fort Smith the cloudy skies cleared and the sun peeped through just a bit.  We had completely no idea what we wanted to do so we both decided that it would be like an impromptu date.  Very similar to a impromptu speech we established that we would do whatever came to mind.

Exiting off Rogers we drove past many fast foods, restaurants, and buffets.  My husband, being the way he is decided he wanted to eat at Furrs Fresh Buffet.  I don't mind buffets so I agreed and we had a blast!  Taking our time to eat we chatted about my husbands work, his buddies, an incident that happened while I was in the rest room, and this whole year that we've been married.  That has been the most we have talked in over a couple of months, which I think made us both very satisfied.

After our meal we came to the conclusion that we would go to the mall for a little stroll to work off the food we had just eaten.  We weren't at the mall long before my husband said he wanted to go to the movies.  Malco theaters being just across the street, I agreed.  We ended up getting a 6:50 showing for Fast Five.  Only after buying a large soda did we sit down in the arcade area.

Being a picky person that I am, after about twenty or thirty minutes I wanted to go find a seat.  When we reached the ticket guy he told us to go back to the information/ticketing area and they would set us up with different tickets.  Apparently some one messed up the tickets and show times.  We ended up getting our tickets refunded and landing with free passes to 7:10 showing of Fast Five.  All in all, our first anniversary wasn't that bad.  I enjoyed every moment I spent with my husband this year and especially this very special Sunday.  I had a very safe and happy anniversary and I hope everyone has a very happy and safe rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment