Monday, May 23, 2011

WARNING: DO NOT TOUCH THE DOOR HANDLE

Every time I''m in a public restroom I tend to not touch the door handles if there's a door. I wash my hands with soap and water, dry my hands with a paper towel, open the door with my dirtied paper towel, hold the door open with my foot, throw the paper towel away, and walk out.  People look at me weird when I'm in the restroom and I open the door without touching the door handle.  I don't find it weird at all that I don't want to touch the door handle. 

AND THIS IS THE REASON WHY!

Sunday evening my husband and I went to Furrs.  I like to use the restroom before I eat at any place.  So, I was in the restroom and the restroom only has three stalls.  After using the toilet I came out to wash my hands.  While I was washing my hands this little girl came out from the stall next to where I was.  She too started washing her hands.  When I began washing the hand soap off my hands I heard the toilet from the big stall flush.  This elderly lady walks out of the stall and GRABS THE DOOR HANDLE to the door and WALKS OUTWITHOUT WASHING HER HANDS!  *UHHHH...DUMBFOUNDED* I was petrified at the thought of that old lady not washing her hands in a public restroom.  Not only that it was a PUBLIC restroom it was a RESTAURANTS RESTROOM.

I can not even begin to imagine how many people have touched that door handle before she did or how many more people will touch that door handle after she did.  I was just so disgusted!  So please people, wash your hands after using the restroom.  Especially if your in a public place.

No comments:

Post a Comment