Friday, October 14, 2016

FOOD: Best Home Made Pizza EVER!

It was pizza day today at our house. So I thought I'd blog about it. Even though I was actually planning to blog about our pizza day.

Everything was made from scratch except for the sausage, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Those I kind of cheated on and just bought them from the store. I though I'd blog about the most wonderful pizza dough that I've ever made. I actually got the recipe from Crouton Crackerjacks if you wanted to give his recipe a try. The video is linked above so by all means check him out!

The recipe calls for:
2 T sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 t active dry yeast
1 t salt
1 T olive oil
2 cups all purpose flour


This is how my yeast ended up looking like. I took a photo too soon but your yeast should foam up pretty good after 10 or so mins.

We live in Arkansas and it's starting to cool down a lot so I couldn't throw my dough in my car like I normally do and let it rise that way. So today I preheated my oven to the lowest it could go and then turned the oven off and let the dough sit in the oven. It came out perfectly fine. I threw on some pizza sauce I made then topped it off with cheese, pepperoni, sausage, green and red bell peppers, and some mushrooms. Obviously you can top your pizza with whatever you want but this is what he had.


We also made a stuffed crust pizza with the same pizza dough. My kids love it! We've been using this recipe for about a good 6 months or so now. We still enjoy it. It may be a little bit more time consuming but I feel like I save just a tad bit of money making it at home. I can make two pizzas for about the same price of one pizza if I were to buy it. Plus the little ones love to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment