Sunday, September 8, 2013

REVIEW: CoverGirl Lip Perfections

I am finally doing my post on the CoverGirl Lip Perfections. If you watch my videos then you know these were in my haul video that I promised to review. The three shades I have and will be reviewing today are number 200 sultry, 365 enchantress, and 305 hot.


My initial reaction to these lipsticks was that I really liked enchantress. Sultry I thought was too brown and I probably wouldn't be able to get much use out of it. As for hot I just wanted to try out a red lipsticks since I have never owned a red lipstick.

SWATCHES:
L to R: Sultry, Enchantress, Hot
Top to Bottom: Hot, Enchantress, Sultry

After swatching and using the lipsticks for well over a month my opinions changed and my preference is actually the opposite of my initial thoughts. I actually really like Sultry, not very fond of Enchantress, and I'm pretty satisfied with Hot being my first choice for venturing out into red lipsticks.

LIP SWATCHES:
This is a before photo with just some lip balm and zero lipstick. As you can see my lips are pretty pigmented by themselves.
In this photo I have on Sultry. It is a gorgeous your lips but better kind of color. In the tube the lipsticks rather brown and looks almost unwearable on my skin tone. However, when applied the lipstick is actually pinker in color and has a nice sheen.
Swatched here is the shade Enchantress. I thought I was going to like this shade just because it was pink. I ended up not being a fan as it has a blue opalescent sheen to it. I think that if this shade did not have that duo chrome affect to it I think I would of really enjoyed this shade.
The last shade is in Hot. As you can see its a blue toned matte red shade. In the photo it looks like it has a sheen to it but it really is matte. Oddly this lipstick was the only one out of three that I have that feels kind of dry and stains my lips.
Here is a before and after comparison of how the lipstick stained my lips.

The thing I like most about these lipsticks is that they have this unique smell to them. As a whole I really enjoyed these lipsticks and I actually wouldn't mind picking up more colors to test.

**FUN FACTS**
1. We are celebrating my mom's 61st birthday today.
2. If you look closely you will see my kids are in the background of most of todays photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment