Tuesday, September 24, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Expert Wear in Designer Chocolates

Today's blog post is on the infamous quad in Designer Chocolates by Maybelline. This quad was featured on beautybroadcast.net or also known as EmilyNoel83 on youtube.com. Ever since seeing Emily use this quad I was intrigued and had to get my hands on it. The quad retails for $4.95 on walmart.com but I purchased mine at a Dollar General out in the middle no where so it was slightly higher, about $5.25 or so.


The quad obviously has four shadows, numbered 1 through 4. Shade number 1 is the base shade which is the lightest. Shade 2 is the lid color in the top right corner. Under that is the crease color, shade number 3 and on the very bottom is shade number 4.

With Flash
 

Without Flash/Natural Lighting
**for some reason my camera just would not focus...sorry for the blurry photo**
 
As you can tell from the swatches the colors have a decent amount of payoff. Personally, I think this is a great travel friendly item. Something you can take with you and if it breaks it's a no biggie.
 
 
**NOTE: I know my eye brows are getting bushy. I'm growing them out so that I can change the shape.**
LOOK #1:
 
This is the look I created using the quad the first time I used it. It came out pretty nice if I do say so myself. Something thats neutral and very wearable for every day.
 
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prime lids.
2. Apply liner shade to outer v and blen inwards.
3. Take the crease shade and blend out the harsh edges of the liner shade.
4. Apply base shade all over the lids and into the inner corners.
5. Take lid shade and use as the transition shade from the crease shade into the highlight.
6. Take base shade again and apply on browbone to highlight.
7. Apply mascara, liner, false lashes(optional) and you are done!
 
LOOK #2:
 
This is the second look I created. It's probably going to be more for color lovers but because I used the brown shades on the outside it is a little bit more wearable for every day also.
 
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prime lids.
2. Apply crease shade 3/4 of eye.
3. Take liner shade into outer v and blend inward.
4. Take the lid shade and blend out the liner color that you just put down.
5. Hightlight inner corners and brow bone with base shade.
6. Apply mascara, liner, and false lashes(optional) and you are done!
 
As a whole I really enjoyed this palette. For the price that you pay for this quad it is competely worth it. I'm actually debateing about searching for another Maybelline quad in Emerald which I found earlier seaching for the price of this quad on Walmart. Until then see you guys later!




No comments:

Post a Comment