Tuesday, December 17, 2013

HAUL: Bath and Body Works Candles

If you didn't know, last week Bath and Body Works was having their candles on sale for only $8. It was an amazing deal but I had a 30% off coupon from living social so I paid less then $8. The only upsetting thing about it was that I didn't get the chance to go to Bath and Body Works until late Friday night so most of the candles had already been picked through. I ended up with only four candles from the Holiday collection but none the less I am pretty happy with the scents I picked up.
Who else gets this excited about candles? I know I'm not the only one and especially at these prices!
With my 30% off coupon I only paid $5.60 per candle. For 4 candles I ended up paying only $24.50. If you as obsessed with candles as I am then check out livingsocial.com because they always have coupons and other great deals.
The first scent I picked up is Cranberry Pear Bellini. It's a nice year round kind of scent but I use to have the wallflower bulb of this and I think I kind of over did the scent. I used it everyday during the summer so I'm kind of over it but it would be nice to burn every now and then.

This scent is described as "Bubbly and delicious - a bright blend of sparkling cranberry, sweet pear nectar and luscious blackcurrant - Cheers!" The description is right on. You can definitely smell the cranberry and the pear nectar. I'm not sure what blackcurrant smells like so I can't really give you a straight answer with that.
The next candle I picked up is in Peach Bellini which was sitting right in front of the entrance and it was just calling my name so I picked it up. This scent is described as "A shimmering holiday twist on a classic blend of white peach, tart blackcurrant and a splash of juicy orange." If you've ever smelt the peach flavored yogurt then that is this candles exact smell. With just a little more bubbly-ness to it.
Third candle I picked up is Twisted Peppermint. This candle is described as "Merry and bright peppermint celebrates the season with notes of vanilla and sugary musk in this cheer-filled scent." If you purchased Marshmallow Peppermint from a few years ago then this smells exactly like that. Just with a little musk, more peppermint, and less vanilla. I personally like it but my husbands thinks it's too sweet. It's a good thing I didn't buy any bakery scented candles or I'm pretty sure he would have flipped out.
This last candle is the one I'm most excited about. It's Sparkling Icicles! This scent is described as "As sparkling as the ice at the local skating pond, this fragrance features a citrus bouquet, bergamot, and a touch of holiday moss." I'm not sure how holiday moss is supposed to smell like but I can definitely smell the bergamot/citrus.  But honestly if I were to put this scent in my own words I would say that if Dark Temptations by AXE and Twilight Woods for men by Bath and Body Works were to have a baby, this would be the scent. My husband uses both Dark Temptations and Twilight Woods for men so this smell reminds me of my husband.

Overall I am happy with this purchase and I can not wait to start burning these amazing candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment