Thursday, August 4, 2011

July Birchbox Review

Okay so this is going to be a quick overview of what I got in my July Birchbox and a review of the items that I received in that box.  I know I'm new to blogging and not that good at putting my thoughts into writing either but I'm trying!  =)

Quick overview of what I received.
1. Ahava Mineral Hand Cream
Full Size - 3.4 oz = $20
My Size - 0.58 fl.oz

2. philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser
Full Size - 8 oz = $20 & 16 oz = $32
My Size - 1 fl.oz

3. Redken shine flash 02
Full Size - 4.4 oz = $17
My Size - 2.1 oz

4. Zoya Touch Collection Nail Polish in Shay
Full Size - 0.5 fl.oz = $8
My Size - 0.25 fl.oz

Extra Kind Almond & Apricot

Honestly my favorite thing from July's Birchbox was the Ahava Mineral Hand Cream!  It says that it is loaded with Dead Sea minerals and it's fast-absorbing cream heals dry hands without a smidge of residue.  I love this product because it does everything that it claims!  It smells kind of like baby powder but I think anyone can get over that smell.

Sadly my second favorite is the Extra Kind Almond & Apricot snack and it was definitely yummy!  The reason why I picked this over everything else in my July Birchbox is not because I didn't like the products that I got but mainly because the other products I got made me feel a certain way that I didn't so much like.

Third thing I did like from this box was the Zoya Touch Collection Nail Polish in Shay.  I'm not really in to nude nails but this nail polish was very nice.  The formula for this nail polish was also very great.  Took a little to dry but I think that might have been because I put on a thick coat.  =)

The Redken shine flash 02 wasn't bad either.  It definitely made my hair visibly shinier but I didn't like the after feeling of the product on my skin.  I'm not perfect so when I did spray my hair the product did get on to my skin.  I noticed that where ever the product touched my skin it felt and looked oily afterwards.  I don't know if it's just my skin but I was home all day and didn't go outside at all so I don't think the sun or sweat was a factor.

Last product is the philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser.  I really wanted to like this product but sadly I totally hate it!  It claims that this perennial award-winner is pH-balanced to gently clear away dirt, oil, and makeup without drying out skin.  First thing I've got to say is that I don't know how this could be and award-winner.  This product did nothing it claimed on my skin.  It didn't GENTLY clear away dirt, oil, or makeup and it totally dried out my skin.  After using this product I felt my skin flaking but I had to wash my face with another wash to rid my face of makeup.  This product didn't remove anything, it basically just smeared the makeup all over my face.  I am totally disappointed with this product and I would not recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment