Friday, January 20, 2012

January Julep Maven & Birchbox

I was kind of disappointed with January’s JULEP Maven box.  I don’t normally check my email so I basically didn’t even know what I was getting in this month’s Julep Maven box.  However, I did receive 4 nail varnishes but sadly I don’t like most of the colors or I already own a different nail varnish that looks similar to them.


Megan(blue), Hayden(light orange), Leah(turquoise green), Demi(red)
The 4 colors that I received were Megan, Hayden,Leah, and Demi. I liked Megan but I already own a Zoya nail polish that I received in my BIRCHBOX a few months ago that looks exactly the same. Hayden I don’t think I could ever use.  It’s like a puke like yellow-orange which is a strange color to describe it as but that’s my honest opinion every time I look at it.  I’m not exactly in favor of the color but I guess I’ll wait till spring or summer to use it and see if it looks a little better. Leah is a gorgeous, bright, turquoise green color. It’s a perfect color for spring and right into summer so I can’t wait to use it.  Demi on the other hand is a color I don’t think I would ever use.  Sadly I’m not a big fan of red nails whether it be on my fingers or toes I would never use such a color. It’s just too bold of a color for me and I don’t even know anyone who still uses red varnishes so I’m kind of just stuck with it.


My January BIRCHBOX however, was something I was looking forward to.  I had watched a few videos on this month’s box before I even received mine so I was really excited about it arriving.  Sadly I always get my Birchbox towards the middle of the month so by then there are a million or so videos on what everyone else already received. I’m just glad my came like normal unlike last month.


The most exciting item in my box was the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in the color Purple Tang. It’s a very deep purple color with purple glitters.  Next is the Borghese CuraForte Moisture intensifier.  I like to use this right under my eyes because it does get a little dry and my makeup tends to crease when I don’t use a lot of moisturizer even when I prime them with Urban Decays Primer Potion. I also received the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy perfume sample. I don’t mind getting perfume samples but I don’t like getting them every month because I can get free perfume samples from Sephora. I’m not bashing Birchbox but I’m just being honest. I received the Joer Body Butter which I do not like at all. It is just way too overpowering with the smell of gardenias. The last thing I received which is actually the extra is the Larabar Mini Bar in the flavor Coconut Cream Pie.  If you read my blog on what I got last month in my INFLUENSTER Voxbox you would know I got a Larabar too.  Different flavors obviously but none the less it was a Larabar, both of which were delicious.


I enjoy getting both subscription boxes each month because more times than not you get more than your money’s worth.  If you would like to join Julep I’ll leave a link HERE and if you would like to join Birchbox I’ll leave a link HERE.


Thanks for reading! I’ll see you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment