Tuesday, November 12, 2013

REVIEW: Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Hey, guys so if you watched my stay matte voxbox unboxing then you probably know that I was sent this from Influenster a few weeks ago and I have been trying it out. I initially said that the shade was a little light but after a few uses I noticed it was actually not too bad. A few more weeks in to fall/winter and it will be the perfect shade match.

On the card that came along with the foundation, Rimmel claims the foundation to be "a breakthrough feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that's comfortable on your skin, never heavy or greasy. Your new beauty staple that delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish, all while minimizing the appearance of pores."
You can't really tell from the swatch but the foundation really is an airy mousse texture. This is about a penny size amount and even then it was too much product for one application. I didn't even use all of this to cover my face. I applied this with my beauty blender so it gave me a light to medium coverage. I am pretty sure if you just slapped this on with a regular foundation brush or stipple brush and buff this in it could be a medium to full coverage foundation. I did notice that while using the beauty blender I could slightly build up the coverage in problem areas without it looking cake-y. For example I built up and covered around my chin where I've been having little break outs here and there and the foundation covered it up nicely.
I'm not person who wears foundation on a daily basis so I did find that when I applied this all over my face it did feel kind of heavy and a little bit greasy. However, when I only applied it like how I would normally apply my foundation just around problem areas, around my nose, and under my eyes it didn't feel greasy or heavy and it was actually pretty comfortable. I have bigger pores right next to my nose and I noticed that with using this foundation it covered the pores nicely but it didn't do as great for the pores on my nose.

The wear time of this foundation isn't the longest but also not the shortest. It did make it though the day which for most people would be an 8 hour work day. So I think this would be a decent foundation for oily skin but not so much for dry skin. Since it's been getting chilly my skins been acting up and getting really dry. I noticed that on some days this foundation did cling to and accentuate the dryness of my skin. For my combination ladies I would recommend a good primer so that the foundation doesn't cling on to your dry patches.

That pretty much wraps up my review for this foundation. If you would like a review of anything from my recent hauls then comment and I will add it to my to do list. Be on the look out as I might end up doing a video and posting it on my youtube instead of blogging about it on here. Thanks for checking my blog and I'll talk to you guys next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment