Monday, November 18, 2013

Review & Swatches: Maybelline LE Gilded In Gold Collection

This year Maybelline came out with the best thing ever to hit drugstores and they are the limited edition color tattoos from the Gilded In Gold Collection. If you don't know already then this holiday collection has three limited edition color tattoos. All of which are matte shades!
 **CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE**

I know a lot of ladies compare these to MAC paint pots but honestly I don't know. I do not own any paint pots so I'm not even go to go there and start comparing. I couldn't find these in my local stores so I found a lady on a facebook group who had found them and was willing to ship them to me. All I paid was the price of the tattoos and shipping charges, so thank you Tiffany if you're reading this. Anyways, the three shades in the collection are in the colors 255 Just Beige, 250 Nude Pink, and 260 Matte Brown (from left to right shown in photos).

I think the shade I was most excited about and tried on the instant I received them was the shade in Just Beige. To me, Just Beige is a warm concealer shade but with an added bonus of being long wearing and water proof.
Nude pink is more of a muted, pale, lilac shade rather than a pink color. In the pot it looks more like a mauve-y, dusty, pink so the shade in the pot versus the actual shade you get when applied are different but it is none the less a very gorgeous shade. Great base for purple smokey eyes or any kind of pinky purple look.
The last of the three shades is Matte Brown. Obviously by the name I'm pretty sure you can tell that the color tattoo is matte brown. Off topic but this shade reminds me a lot of smeared chocolate or coco powder when swatched.

I love the Maybelline Color Tattoos as a whole but I think I am going to favor this collection a lot more than the rest of the shades that I already own. These shades are just as long wearing and water proof as any other shade. I did a swatch test just to see how long the shades would last and they stayed put for about a good 18-24 hours on my hand. They went through 2 showers, dish washing, cooking, cleaning, and farm work so these are definitely a must have for any makeup junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment