Monday, June 20, 2011

A Day In Hot Springs, AR

This weekend I went to go see my mother who lives just 30 minutes south of Hot Springs, AR.  It was a long two hour ride there but it was well worth the trip.  Saturday after picking up eggs from the chicken houses my mother decided she wanted to eat out.  My mom and brothers all love buffet so we went to King's Buffet.  If you live in Hot Springs and you don't know where it is...it's on Central Ave across the street from Kroger's and CiCi's pizza.  I didn't really eat much other than watermelon and a little bit of food here and there.  I personally don't like eating at King's Buffet because their food tends to be either greasy, bland, or over salted but I can't say no to my mom.

After eating out we went next door to the antique shop to work off some weight. =) Every single time I go into the antique shop I just feel so excited.  I know I'm not going to buy anything but I like looking at old stuff because they are so unique.  After an hour or two we finally set our hearts to leaving the antique shop with only two items which where both purchased by my mother.  She bought a duffel bag and a purse.  The duffel bag had really neat sewed in floral designs and the purse had little cherries all over it.  My mother loves cherries.

The next stop was at the water fountain.  My family and I have been going to this water fountain since we moved to Arkansas four years back.  I think this was the first thing that we explored.  Hot Springs is a natural spring so all the water that comes up is pretty much clean but it is still filtered where people fill their jugs.  Many people from all around the state and states next to Arkansas come just to fill up a couple of jugs of Hot Spring's filtered water.  It really is the best kind of water.  Once you've tasted Hot Springs water you'll never drink bottled water again because it's just that great.

We went to Pet Smart looking for Kois and pearl scales but they didn't have any "nice" ones according to my husband.  We ended up going to Wal-Mart afterwards to look for some stuff.  My mom and my brothers ended going home first because my mom wasn't feeling well.  My husband and I bought a 5 piece card table and chair set.  I'm glad we bought our table and chair set because if we bought a normal dining table and chair set it wouldn't be able to fit in our kitchen.  I never thought our kitchen was that small but now I know. =)  Sadly I didn't take any photos of Saturdays adventures but I'll make sure to remember next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment