Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 29/Office Visit

End of week 29 really sucked for me.  For the past couple of days I've been feeling dizzy and nauseous after breakfast.  I woke up thinking it would be fine and I ate cereal with my husband.  On the drive to the clinic I started feeling nauseous, light headed, dizzy.  When we got to the clinic I was feeling sick to the point where I could barely walk. My husband had to hold me up while we walked in and up to the second floor.  I signed in and went to the bathroom to freshen up a little.  It didn't really work out because the bathroom was warm and made me feel even worse.  My face was drained of its color and I looked as white as a ghost.  We went back and sat in the waiting room for some time and I made several trips to the bathroom because I  really felt like puking in my husbands lap.  Every time I got to the bathroom my nausea would subside and I would go back and sit down.  After about thirty minutes of running to and from the bathroom the whole nauseous feeling subsided and the coloring to my face returned.  By the time my name was called I had completely recovered from what ever it was that I was feeling and I went to one of the back rooms.

My new weight for this week was 160.  My husband made fun of me saying that's his normal soccer weight.  What he said upset me but I really didn't care.  As long as my baby was healthy I would be happy to gain another twenty.  We sat in the room for about five or ten minutes before my doctor came in.  She did the normal checking on baby's heart beat and measuring my tummy and asking if I had any questions or concerns.  I asked about my nausea and dizziness and she said that if its after having cereal then it's basically just a sugar high.  She didn't exactly say it was a sugar high but in short terms that's what she meant.  She just told me to balance out my sugars and my proteins.  So all in all I learned a lot from my day at the clinic even when I felt like crap...and looked creepy.  My husband and I get so excited every time we get to hear baby's heart beat.  Just another two months and he's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment