Friday, June 10, 2011

Items I Regret Buying

(picture of all the things I regret buying)

#1 Revitalizing Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo & Conditioner
My top most regretful buy would be the pomegranate green tea shampoo and conditioner by Organix.  This stuff seriously killed not only my hair but also my husbands hair.  The packaging was cute and the smell of the product was nice too so we ended up buying this instead of our normal shampoo and conditioner thinking it would do what it said on the bottle.

"Revitalize your senses with sensual and exotic antioxidant rich organic pomegranate extracts and green tea which target dry and brittle hair while awakening follicles to create a clean and rejuvenating experience, adding a brilliant and luminescent shine."

However, after about a day of using this product my head started itching.  After two or three days my hair started to look dry, dull, dead, and frizzier than normal.  After about a week my head started flaking and my head began to scab up from all the scratching and itchiness.  As soon as I noticed the scabs I went to the store and bought our regular shampoo and conditioner that we normally use.  It took a day or two for my head to stop itching and flaking, about a whole week and a half for my scabs to heal, and about a month for my hair to get back to its original state.  I was so upset with this product I'm amazed I didn't throw it in the trash.  I ended up throwing it under the bathroom sink and forgetting about it until I went down there looking for our Drano Gel for the kitchen sink.

#2 Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black
When they said liquid I didn't think they really meant liquid as in water.  The consistency of the liquid liner is basically like water, runny!  It's color is supposed to be blackest black but it's not even black.  Its more of a runny, water like gray.  The liquid liner is so runny that it washes away my eyeshadow where ever I run the eye liner.

#3 Revlon Grow Luscious By Fabulash
I bought this item because I have really short eye lashes.  I hated this product after about the first use because for one the brush sucks.  I can't even get the brush close to my eyes basically without poking my eyes out.  Secondly the product totally doesn't even make your lashes grow when it says "GROW" luscious.  For the third thing the consistency of the mascara is very dry and clumpy.  Every time I manage to put the mascara on it dries out and starts to flak off and fly into my eyes.  My eyes end up getting so irritated that I just end up washing off all my makeup and end up looking like I have pink eye.  It's a horrible product and because of my history with crappy Revlon products I just completely stopped buying all Revlon products.

#4 Waterproof LashGrip Eyelash Adhesive
This product just sucks in general.  It says on the packaging that it's "waterproof."  It's not even close to being water resistant and even less waterproof.  It also says it's supposed to dry "clear" which it also doesn't do.  It ends up looking an off white color and makes you look like you got something on your eyes.  The formula for the adhesive is so weak my eyelashes tend to droop and make my eyes look really funky.  I don't use this adhesive anymore and neither will I ever buy it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment