Monday, July 18, 2011

Mini Dress Haul From The Consignment Shop

I finally had the chance to go to our local consignment shop on Wednesday!  I've been wanting to go there since my husband and I moved into our little town but it closes early and my husband works late.  So when my husband came home at about 4:30-ish I was excited!

We got there just before the lady closed shop.  I don't know why but it seems like all stores in small towns close really early.  Closing time for the shop was 5:00 so I tried to make it quick.  I knew exactly what I wanted and walked straight over to where they were.  Being 8 months pregnant I don't feel comfortable in pants and short so I was looking for a few nice dresses that I could wear on regular basis without looking like I was going out.

The first thing that caught my eyes was this beautiful red floral patterned dress.  The dress size is a small but the fabric is stretchy which is just perfect for my growing body so there was just no way I was going to pass up this cute dress.  I'm not sure of it's brand but all it says on the back is Forever and the clear straps say Forever 21, so I'm going to assume it was a dress from Forever 21.  The best thing about this dress is that it was only $8.99.
The second dress slash top that I picked up was a plain pink dress.  Even though it's just one plain color I still really like it.  This shirt is also stretchy and came in the size large.  The best thing about this shirt is that it's an aeri shirt and I got it for only $9.99.  I can only imagine the actual price the previous owner paid for this shirt knowing how expensive clothes from aeir can be.  So I definitely got a very good bargain with this top.
This dress looks a lot cuter on than off.
The third thing that I got was a maternity dress that I didn't even notice.  The lady actually pointed out the maternity clothes to us.  It's a green polka dotted dress from Motherhood Maternity!  I couldn't believe it.  I've gone into the Motherhood Maternity at our mall and all the close there is just super expensive so when I saw this dress I just had to buy it.  It's in the size small and the fabrics not really stretchy but I guess I'm already 8 months so I think I'll be fine with the size.  The best thing is that I got the dress for only $10.99.
This dress also looks a lot cuter on than off.

Red Forever 21 Dress= $8.99
Pink aerie Top = $9.99
Green Motherhood Maternity Dress = $10.99
Tax = $2.55
Overall Total = $32.52
Overall Savings = A LOT!

Talk about major bargain!  I know exactly how expensive each and every piece of clothing would have been if I had actually bought it from the actual store so I'm pretty happy I went to the consignment shop.  I think overall I saved a lot of money by shopping at the consignment shop and I'm not ashamed of it.  I know some people may be disgusted by the thought of wearing something that some one else has already worn but to me it's just like going to a used car dealer shop.  It might not be new but it is new to me!  Sometimes it's not about where you bought it but how you feel in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment