Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DOTW-DinnerOfTheWeek

My husband and I decided to cook a nice simple meal for the family last night just for the heck of it since we barely ever do anything with my family. I know what you see is probably something you've probably never even tasted or seen but most South Eastern Asians have probably eaten this at one point in their life.

If you have ever eaten at a traditional Asian home you would know that there's always going to be some kind of form of rice. Pictured to the <---LEFT<--- is sticky rice which I SUPER DUPER LOVE. Majority of the time though my family and I actually eat regular rice like Jasmine rice or short grained rice that gets imported into the US. I'm just not a domestic rice eater. It just don't taste good at all once you've tasted the good stuff and I've tasted the good stuff all my life.

We also made Laab which is a Laotion slash Thai dish this consists of mainly beef. Then thrown in is some parsley, mint, green onions, yellow onion, chilli peppers, and a few other veggies that are super yummy. Pictured to the --->RIGHT--->

Most people like to eat this dish by using the sticky rice to pick up some of the Laab and eating it. Laab and sticky rice is a finger food so don't be shy to put some in your plate and eat with your CLEAN fingers.

My husband also made some Tum Yum soup which was also super delicious. I'm not going to list what was it because honestly I don't know. I've never really been a Tum Yum soup person so I never learned how to make it but I loved my husbands version of the dish. It was very spicy. Tum Yum soup is basically a spicy and sour soup. If you've never seen or heard of this it is the picture to the <---LEFT<---. Everything was super yummy and I hope you all enjoyed this post. I'll see guys later.


No comments:

Post a Comment